By Steven A. Reich
Read Online or Download A Working People: A History of African American Workers Since Emancipation (The African American History Series) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
State Feminism, Women's Movements, and Job Training: Making Democracies Work in the Global Economy (Women in Politics in Democratic States)
Drawing from the paintings of the world over popular students from the learn community on Gender, Politics and the country (RNGS), this learn deals in-depth research of the connection among country feminism, women's events and public coverage and areas them inside a comparative theoretical framework.
Engaging the Diaspora: Migration and African Families (The Africana Experience and Critical Leadership Studies)
By means of its specialize in the African immigrant kinfolk, attractive the Diaspora: Migration and African households carves its personal area of interest at the migration discourse. It brings jointly the studies of African immigrant households as outlined through numerous transnational forces. As an interdisciplinary textual content, enticing makes a convenient reference for students and researchers in associations of upper studying, in addition to for group carrier companies engaged on variety matters.
In Pursuit of Equity: Women, Men, and the Quest for Economic Citizenship in 20th-Century America
Few historians have contributed extra to our knowing of the historical past of ladies, and women's influence on heritage, than Alice Kessler-Harris. writer of the vintage Out to paintings, she is among the country's best students of gender, the economic system, and public coverage. during this quantity, Kessler-Harris pierces the surface of arguments and laws to understand the preconceptions that experience formed the event of girls: a "gendered mind's eye" that has outlined what women and men alike consider as reasonable and fascinating.
Welfare, the Working Poor, and Labor
This quantity analyses poverty and welfare reform inside of a context of low-wage paintings and the contours of the labour industry that welfare recipients are getting into. It goals to carry labour into the dialogue of welfare reform and creates a bridge among the domain names of labour and welfare.
- Working Bodies: Chronic Illness in the Canadian Workplace
- Migrant Labor and Border Securities in Pop Culture (Routledge Focus on Latina/o Popular Culture)
- Global Perspectives of Occupational Social Work (Monograph Published Simultaneously As Employee Assistance Quarterly, 1/2)
- Law and Labour Market Regulation in East Asia: Volume 47 (Routledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia)
- Shadow Mothers: Nannies, Au Pairs, and the Micropolitics of Mothering
Additional info for A Working People: A History of African American Workers Since Emancipation (The African American History Series)
- The Minimum Wage: A Reference Handbook: A Reference Handbook by Oren Levin-Waldman
- Unfree Masters: Popular Music and the Politics of Work by Matt Stahl