By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical elements of human improvement, targeting cognitive, ethical, and non secular religion development
- examines occasions and issues of specific crisis to older people and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies learn findings to the matter of assembly the non secular and psychological overall healthiness wishes of elders with persistent or acute well-being problems
- offers an in-depth examine end-of-life concerns corresponding to physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this publication informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, medical institution directors, and group clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It offers psychological healthiness pros new innovations to aid increase the later years of older adults, and makes a very good textual content for classes on faith, psychological well-being, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God stress-free and encouraging as they try to grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Similar gerontology books
Provides the newest federal instructions and tactics utilized by federal surveyors in certifying amenities for Medicare and Medicaid. comprises the varieties utilized by surveyors. define structure. prior variation: c2000. Softcover. DNLM: Nursing Homes--legislation & jurisprudence--United States.
Get up to date details and learn on elder abusefrom overseas experts! Elder Abuse: chosen Papers from the Prague global Congress on family members Violence is a useful choice of crucial presentation papers from the Prague global Congress on kinfolk Violence. This accomplished publication provides the most recent learn and distinct info at the tough matters surrounding elder abuse around the globe.
“This is likely one of the top psychological future health and getting older books i've got ever learn. [It] is person who i'm going to flip to occasionally in my instructing of doctoral scholars, and in my paintings with older adults. one of many exceptional facets of this booklet is the examine studies; that are in-depth and vast of their scope. it really is transparent that Lee Hyer is a phenomenal scholar-clinician and geropsychologist.
“This ebook can be learn by means of someone who cares in regards to the caliber of existence for those that are older or disabled and want the aid of others, it doesn't matter what the atmosphere. The authors deal with a large breadth of issues with voices of authority, event and keenness. they provide inspiring real-world examples, proving that profound switch is feasible when you reside and paintings in long term care.
- Population Ageing in Central and Eastern Europe: Societal and Policy Implications (New Perspectives on Ageing and Later Life)
- Altersdiskriminierung: Erscheinungsformen, Erklärungen und Interventionsansätze (German Edition)
- An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies
- Going Grey: The Mediation of Politics in an Ageing Society
- Adult Personality Development: Volume 1: Theories and Concepts
Extra resources for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years
- Learning Through Teaching Mathematics: Development of by Roza Leikin,Rina Zazkis
- Exploring the Intersection of Science Education and 21st by National Research Council,Margaret Hilton