By Hideo Takezoe,Alexey Eremin
Bent-Shaped Liquid Crystals: constructions and actual Properties offers perception into the newest advancements within the study on liquid crystals shaped by means of bent-shaped mesogens. After a ancient creation, the professional authors speak about other forms of mesophase constructions shaped by way of bent-shaped molecules. This booklet devotes nearly all of its pages to actual homes corresponding to polar switching, optics and non-linear optics, and behaviour in constrained geometries. besides the fact that, as chemistry is usually hugely appropriate to the emergence of latest levels, really with mirrored image symmetry breaking, it additionally contains a vast spectrum of attention-grabbing chemistry viewpoints.
Read or Download Bent-Shaped Liquid Crystals: Structures and Physical Properties (Liquid Crystals Book Series) PDF
Best solid-state physics books
Bridging lower-division physics survey classes with upper-division physics classes, Oscillations and Waves: An advent develops a unified mathematical thought of oscillations and waves in actual structures. Emphasizing physics over arithmetic, the writer comprises many examples from discrete mechanical, optical, and quantum mechanical platforms; non-stop gases, fluids, and elastic solids; digital circuits; and electromagnetic waves.
Even 100 years after its discovery, superconductivity maintains to carry us new surprises, from superconducting magnets utilized in MRI to quantum detectors in electronics. a hundred Years of Superconductivity provides a complete selection of subject matters on approximately the entire subdisciplines of superconductivity.
The aim of this publication is to hide all points of Bi-2223 superconducting wires from basic study, fabrication approach to functions. This publication comprises many chapters written by way of wonderful specialists within the world.
This booklet offers the entire idea of the irreducible representations of the crystallographic element teams and house teams. this is often vital within the quantum-mechanical examine of a particle or quasi-particle in a molecule or crystalline sturdy as the eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of a method belong to the irreducible representations of the crowd of symmetry operations of that method.
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Continuum Mechanics and Theory of Materials (Advanced Texts in Physics)
- High-Pressure Shock Compression of Solids VIII: The Science and Technology of High-velocity Impact: v. 8 (Shock Wave and High Pressure Phenomena)
- Entransy in Phase-Change Systems (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Computer Simulation Studies in Condensed-Matter Physics XVII: Proceedings of the Seventeenth Workshop, Athens, GA, USA, February 16-20, 2004: 103 (Springer Proceedings in Physics)
Additional info for Bent-Shaped Liquid Crystals: Structures and Physical Properties (Liquid Crystals Book Series)
- Straight Wives, Shattered Lives: Stories of Women with Gay by Bonnie Kaye
- Dialogues avec une Araignee Conte (French Edition) by Lenoir Jean Yves