By Robin P. Bonifas,Jamie Valderrama,Alyse November,Katherine Parker Cardinal,Eleanor Feldman Barbera,Stephanie Langer
—Mercedes Bern-Klug, Ph.D., M.S.W., M.A., John A. Hartford Geriatric Social paintings school student, and Director, getting older reviews software, collage of Iowa
“This a lot wanted source is definitely researched and entire of functional instruments that may be utilized by quite a lot of practitioners. a person who works with older adults should still maintain this useful as a realistic reference of their day after day work.”
—Judah L. Ronch, Ph.D., Dean and Professor, Erickson tuition, collage of Maryland Baltimore County
Unbeknownst to many, bullying isn't really an adventure restricted to youth, yet is a virus happening a long way too usually between older adults to boot. experiences have printed the alarmingly excessive cost at which older adults in senior courses and care settings are bullied via their friends, leading to profoundly unwanted effects at the elders, the employees, and the neighborhood within which it really is taking place. Bullying between Older Adults is the 1st source to deal with this serious factor, offering the information and instruments to acknowledge bullying and boost confident how one can intrude and forestall it.
As a professional on late-life bullying, writer Robin Bonifas attracts upon a transforming into physique of analysis in addition to the voices and real studies of the objectives and perpetrators of bullying. She exposes the character of this phenomenon after which offers optimistic, proactive methods for community-based or long term care employees to lessen and forestall it from taking place. choked with sensible assets and examples, this advisor deals potent intervention innovations that together with empathy education, empowerment suggestions, bystander intervention, and more.
• particular, step by step anti-bullying interventions
• powerful coping options to reduce destructive outcomes for these bullied
• pro-social actions to advertise empathy
• really expert techniques for citizens with dementia or psychological illness
• studying actions, case stories, pattern types, and coverage directions (also on hand as downloadable PDF files)
Bullying between Older Adults should be a useful source in growing an environment of being concerned and admire between either citizens and staff.
Read or Download Bullying Among Older Adults: How to Recognize and Address an Unseen Epidemic PDF
Similar gerontology books
Provides the most recent federal instructions and methods utilized by federal surveyors in certifying amenities for Medicare and Medicaid. comprises the kinds utilized by surveyors. define structure. past version: c2000. Softcover. DNLM: Nursing Homes--legislation & jurisprudence--United States.
Get updated details and learn on elder abusefrom overseas experts! Elder Abuse: chosen Papers from the Prague international Congress on family members Violence is a useful number of crucial presentation papers from the Prague international Congress on relatives Violence. This entire publication offers the most recent learn and certain details at the tough matters surrounding elder abuse around the globe.
“This is among the most sensible psychological well-being and getting older books i've got ever learn. [It] is person who i'll flip to occasionally in my educating of doctoral scholars, and in my paintings with older adults. one of many exceptional elements of this ebook is the study reports; that are in-depth and vast of their scope. it's transparent that Lee Hyer is an outstanding scholar-clinician and geropsychologist.
“This booklet can be learn via a person who cares in regards to the caliber of lifestyles for those that are older or disabled and wish the aid of others, it doesn't matter what the surroundings. The authors deal with a large breadth of issues with voices of authority, adventure and keenness. they give inspiring real-world examples, proving that profound swap is feasible when you stay and paintings in long term care.
- Ageing through austerity: Critical perspectives from Ireland
- Fostering Social Work Gerontology Competence: A Collection of Papers from the First National Gerontological Social Work Conference (Journal of Gerontological Social Work)
- Embracing Touch in Dementia Care: A Person-Centred Approach to Touch and Relationships
- Grey Matters: A Guide for Collaborative Research with Seniors
- Story Writing in a Nursing Home: A Patchwork of Memories
- Soziologie des Alterns: Leiden wir unter einem Methusalem-Komplott? (German Edition)
Additional info for Bullying Among Older Adults: How to Recognize and Address an Unseen Epidemic
- Orthèses de la main et du poignet. Protocoles de rééducation by Micheline Isel,Michel Merle,Eléonore LAMOGLIA
- Men Still at Work: Professionals Over Sixty and On the Job by Elizabeth F. Fideler