By Timothy J. Sluckin,David A. Dunmur,Horst Stegemeyer
Read or Download Crystals That Flow: Classic Papers from the History of Liquid Crystals (Liquid Crystals Book Series) PDF
Best solid-state physics books
Bridging lower-division physics survey classes with upper-division physics classes, Oscillations and Waves: An advent develops a unified mathematical idea of oscillations and waves in actual platforms. Emphasizing physics over arithmetic, the writer contains many examples from discrete mechanical, optical, and quantum mechanical structures; non-stop gases, fluids, and elastic solids; digital circuits; and electromagnetic waves.
Even 100 years after its discovery, superconductivity maintains to deliver us new surprises, from superconducting magnets utilized in MRI to quantum detectors in electronics. a hundred Years of Superconductivity offers a accomplished selection of issues on approximately the entire subdisciplines of superconductivity.
The aim of this booklet is to hide all elements of Bi-2223 superconducting wires from primary examine, fabrication method to functions. This publication comprises many chapters written via extraordinary specialists within the world.
This booklet offers the total idea of the irreducible representations of the crystallographic element teams and house teams. this can be vital within the quantum-mechanical learn of a particle or quasi-particle in a molecule or crystalline reliable as the eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of a approach belong to the irreducible representations of the gang of symmetry operations of that approach.
- Mathematical Theory of Elasticity of Quasicrystals and Its Applications (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- Models of Phase Transitions (Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications)
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Lubricant Additives: Chemistry and Applications (Chemical Industries)
- Carrier Scattering in Metals and Semiconductors (Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences)
Additional resources for Crystals That Flow: Classic Papers from the History of Liquid Crystals (Liquid Crystals Book Series)
- Northern Sustainabilities: Understanding and Addressing by Gail Fondahl,Gary N. Wilson
- Wave Propagation in Solid and Porous Half-Space Media by Hamid R. Hamidzadeh,Liming Dai,Reza N. Jazar