By Giovanni Razzu
Bringing jointly the services of quite a number authors, together with well known students and senior coverage makers, it deals a coherent account of gender inequality within the labour industry. It includes:
- an in depth advent with the broader context, the fundamental evidence on a number of appropriate labour industry results, overseas comparisons, and the legislative framework;
- Chapters that concentrate on the foremost matters, delivering research of ways inequality within the labour marketplace is expounded to the broader macroeconomic dynamics, elements that specify the gender pay hole, the transition from schooling to the labour industry, the size of occupational segregation, and the department of labour in the household.
The publication is key examining for teachers and scholars with an curiosity in gender inequality and the labour industry, in addition to in case you would prefer an goal account of the most elements explaining this inequality.
Read or Download Gender Inequality in the Labour Market in the UK PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Drawing from the paintings of the world over popular students from the study community on Gender, Politics and the kingdom (RNGS), this research bargains in-depth research of the connection among nation feminism, women's activities and public coverage and areas them inside a comparative theoretical framework.
By way of its concentrate on the African immigrant relations, attractive the Diaspora: Migration and African households carves its personal area of interest at the migration discourse. It brings jointly the stories of African immigrant households as outlined through a number of transnational forces. As an interdisciplinary textual content, enticing makes a convenient reference for students and researchers in associations of upper studying, in addition to for group provider companies engaged on range concerns.
Few historians have contributed extra to our realizing of the historical past of ladies, and women's influence on historical past, than Alice Kessler-Harris. writer of the vintage Out to paintings, she is likely one of the country's major students of gender, the financial system, and public coverage. during this quantity, Kessler-Harris pierces the surface of arguments and laws to know the preconceptions that experience formed the adventure of girls: a "gendered mind's eye" that has outlined what women and men alike reflect on as reasonable and fascinating.
This quantity analyses poverty and welfare reform inside of a context of low-wage paintings and the contours of the labour industry that welfare recipients are getting into. It goals to carry labour into the dialogue of welfare reform and creates a bridge among the domain names of labour and welfare.
- New Masters, New Servants: Migration, Development, and Women Workers in China
- Employment Relations and HRM in South Korea: In a Time of Change (Explorations in Asia Pacific Business Economics)
- Basic Income Guarantee and Politics: International Experiences and Perspectives on the Viability of Income Guarantee (Exploring the Basic Income Guarantee)
- Minimum Wages (MIT Press)
- Families Apart: Migrant Mothers and the Conflicts of Labor and Love
Additional info for Gender Inequality in the Labour Market in the UK
- Soins sans consentement en psychiatrie (HORS COLLECTION) by Dupont Marc,Laguerre Audrey,Volpe Audrey,Claude Evin
- Working Poverty in Europe (Work and Welfare in Europe) by N. Fraser,R. Gutierrez,R. Pena-Casas