By Lee Hyer PhD ABPP,Lee, PhD, ABPP Hyer
“This is without doubt one of the top psychological well-being and getting older books i've got ever learn. [It] is one who i'm going to flip to occasionally in my instructing of doctoral scholars, and in my paintings with older adults. one of many out of the ordinary points of this e-book is the learn stories; that are in-depth and wide of their scope. it truly is transparent that Lee Hyer is an outstanding scholar-clinician and geropsychologist..”--Peter A. Lichtenberg, PhD
Drawing from present examine and scientific perform, this article espouses a special interdisciplinary method of the evaluate and therapy of psychosocial impairment in older adults. This technique, referred to as “Watch and Wait,” is grounded in a "whole individual" version of care instead of person who addresses indicators or syndromes in isolation. This version advocates courting development, prevention, psychoeducation, multipronged interventions for comorbid difficulties, and verbal exchange. It does so within the context of a multidisciplinary overall healthiness care crew, the sufferer, and kin.
The version encompasses 5 middle components of psychosocial impairment in older adults: melancholy, nervousness, cognitive deficits, adjustment or lifestyles difficulties, and health and wellbeing concerns. thought of jointly, they supply an built-in figuring out of the older grownup that's much more likely than single-disorder versions to facilitate profitable results for universal psychosocial problems that take place in later lifestyles. The publication describes extensive the original parts and intricate interactive affects of those 5 elements as they follow to older adults looking psychological overall healthiness remedy. A cornerstone of the author’s technique is remedy in accordance with stringent care-based overview and thorough tracking of empirically supported interventions. every one issue is taken into account separately from its empirically supported foundation in addition to its interplay with the opposite components. distinctive remedy modules are remoted for every issue and assembled to supply the optimum pathway for scientific remedy.
The textual content additionally addresses the original problems of diagnosing the getting older inhabitants, the pitfalls of current remedies, and the necessity for brain-based types for care.
- Advocates for integrative, interdisciplinary care and first care involvement for the older adult
- Emphasizes middle parts of care: melancholy, nervousness, cognition, pain/sleep/health matters, adjustment within the community
- Demonstrates how a single-problem strategy for older adults with psychiatric difficulties isn't really powerful or effective care
- Espouses a "Watch and Wait" paradigm of care, in response to person-centered analysis and cautious tracking of treatment
- Translates and integrates present examine findings with clarity
- Covers use of SSRIs and different medicines, suicide, subsyndromal states, matters concerning rate of take care of the older sufferer, between different topics
- Plentiful case examples
Read Online or Download Psychological Treatment of Older Adults: A Holistic Model PDF
Similar gerontology books
Provides the most recent federal instructions and systems utilized by federal surveyors in certifying amenities for Medicare and Medicaid. contains the kinds utilized by surveyors. define structure. earlier version: c2000. Softcover. DNLM: Nursing Homes--legislation & jurisprudence--United States.
Get up to date details and examine on elder abusefrom overseas gurus! Elder Abuse: chosen Papers from the Prague international Congress on relations Violence is a useful selection of crucial presentation papers from the Prague international Congress on relations Violence. This entire e-book provides the most recent study and certain details at the tricky matters surrounding elder abuse around the globe.
“This is without doubt one of the most sensible psychological future health and getting older books i've got ever learn. [It] is person who i'll flip to occasionally in my educating of doctoral scholars, and in my paintings with older adults. one of many exceptional points of this e-book is the examine studies; that are in-depth and vast of their scope. it's transparent that Lee Hyer is a phenomenal scholar-clinician and geropsychologist.
“This booklet could be learn through an individual who cares in regards to the caliber of existence for those that are older or disabled and wish the aid of others, it doesn't matter what the surroundings. The authors deal with a large breadth of issues with voices of authority, adventure and keenness. they give inspiring real-world examples, proving that profound swap is feasible when you reside and paintings in long term care.
- Twenty-Five Years of the Life Review: Theoretical and Practical Considerations
- Budgeting for Public Managers
- Long-Term Care Administration and Management: Effective Practices and Quality Programs in Eldercare
- Enabling People with Dementia: Understanding and Implementing Person Centred Care
- Boomer Bust?: Economic and Political Issues of the Graying Society (2 Volumes)
Extra info for Psychological Treatment of Older Adults: A Holistic Model
- Reading Poetry by Peter Barry
- Muslims in Medieval Italy: The Colony at Lucera by Julie Taylor