By Klaus D. Sattler
This accomplished instructional consultant to silicon nanomaterials spans from primary homes, progress mechanisms, and processing of nanosilicon to digital gadget, strength conversion and garage, biomedical, and environmental purposes. It additionally offers center wisdom with uncomplicated mathematical equations, tables, and graphs that allows you to give you the reader with the instruments essential to comprehend the most recent expertise advancements.
From low-dimensional buildings, quantum dots, and nanowires to hybrid fabrics, arrays, networks, and biomedical purposes, this Sourcebook is an entire source for a person operating with this materials:
- Covers primary innovations, homes, tools, and sensible applications.
- Focuses on one vital form of silicon nanomaterial in each chapter.
- Discusses formation, homes, and functions for every fabric.
- Written in an academic kind with simple equations and basics incorporated in a longer introduction.
- Highlights fabrics that exhibit extraordinary homes in addition to robust customers for destiny applications.
Klaus D. Sattler is professor physics on the college of Hawaii, Honolulu, having earned his PhD on the Swiss Federal Institute of know-how (ETH) in Zurich. He was once commemorated with the Walter Schottky Prize from the German actual Society, and is the editor of the sister paintings additionally released by means of Taylor & Francis, Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook, as good because the acclaimed multi-volume Handbook of Nanophysics.
Read Online or Download Silicon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Low-Dimensional Structures, Quantum Dots, and Nanowires, Volume One: Volume 1 (Series in Materials Science and Engineering) PDF
Similar solid-state physics books
Bridging lower-division physics survey classes with upper-division physics classes, Oscillations and Waves: An creation develops a unified mathematical idea of oscillations and waves in actual structures. Emphasizing physics over arithmetic, the writer comprises many examples from discrete mechanical, optical, and quantum mechanical platforms; non-stop gases, fluids, and elastic solids; digital circuits; and electromagnetic waves.
Even 100 years after its discovery, superconductivity keeps to convey us new surprises, from superconducting magnets utilized in MRI to quantum detectors in electronics. a hundred Years of Superconductivity provides a complete selection of issues on approximately all of the subdisciplines of superconductivity.
The aim of this ebook is to hide all points of Bi-2223 superconducting wires from primary examine, fabrication procedure to purposes. This publication comprises many chapters written by way of wonderful specialists within the world.
This publication provides the total thought of the irreducible representations of the crystallographic aspect teams and area teams. this can be vital within the quantum-mechanical learn of a particle or quasi-particle in a molecule or crystalline good as the eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of a process belong to the irreducible representations of the crowd of symmetry operations of that approach.
- Fundamentals of Condensed Matter and Crystalline Physics
- Structural and Morphological Evolution in Metal-Organic Films and Multilayers
- Semiconductors: Bonds and bands (IOP Expanding Physics)
- Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Spintronics
Extra resources for Silicon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Low-Dimensional Structures, Quantum Dots, and Nanowires, Volume One: Volume 1 (Series in Materials Science and Engineering)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Based on the Unified by Wai-How Hui,Kun Xu
- Green's Functions and Condensed Matter (Dover Books on by G. Rickayzen