By Oren Levin-Waldman
This independent examine the minimal salary debate in the United States lines the heritage of minimal salary coverage at either the federal and kingdom degrees, discusses the controversies swirling round the factor, and examines the veracity of claims made by means of humans on either side of the debate.
• offers facts now not quite often present in the various common works
• reports the effect of past raises within the minimal salary at either the federal and kingdom levels
• Identifies the major critics and proponents of minimal salary raises from the early twentieth century to the present
• Surveys the impression of repayment legislation round the world
• can pay realization to affect of minimal salary coverage at the heart category in addition to the negative and dealing class
• offers an neutral and impartial examine the difficulty, acknowledging the validity of issues and matters raised via either sides
Read Online or Download The Minimum Wage: A Reference Handbook: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Drawing from the paintings of the world over well known students from the study community on Gender, Politics and the country (RNGS), this research deals in-depth research of the connection among kingdom feminism, women's activities and public coverage and areas them inside a comparative theoretical framework.
By way of its specialize in the African immigrant kin, attractive the Diaspora: Migration and African households carves its personal area of interest at the migration discourse. It brings jointly the reports of African immigrant households as outlined by way of quite a few transnational forces. As an interdisciplinary textual content, enticing makes a convenient reference for students and researchers in associations of upper studying, in addition to for group provider services engaged on variety matters.
Few historians have contributed extra to our realizing of the background of ladies, and women's impact on heritage, than Alice Kessler-Harris. writer of the vintage Out to paintings, she is among the country's best students of gender, the economic climate, and public coverage. during this quantity, Kessler-Harris pierces the outside of arguments and laws to know the preconceptions that experience formed the adventure of ladies: a "gendered mind's eye" that has outlined what women and men alike examine as reasonable and fascinating.
This quantity analyses poverty and welfare reform inside of a context of low-wage paintings and the contours of the labour marketplace that welfare recipients are coming into. It goals to carry labour into the dialogue of welfare reform and creates a bridge among the domain names of labour and welfare.
- Employment Relations and HRM in South Korea: In a Time of Change (Explorations in Asia Pacific Business Economics)
- Trade Unions: Resurgence or Demise? (The Future of Trade Unions in Britain)
- An Archipelago of Care: Filipino Migrants and Global Networks (Global Research Studies)
- Refugees, Recent Migrants and Employment: Challenging Barriers and Exploring Pathways (Routledge Research in Population and Migration)
Extra resources for The Minimum Wage: A Reference Handbook: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- Adult Day Care: A Practical Guidebook and Manual by Lenore A Tate,Cynthia M Brennan
- A Working People: A History of African American Workers by Steven A. Reich