By Matt Stahl
Turning to struggles among recording artists and checklist businesses over the legislation that govern their contractual relationships, Stahl unearths different tensions and contradictions during this type of paintings. He contends that agreement and copyright disputes among musicians and song executives, in addition to media narratives of tune making, give a contribution to American socioeconomic discourse and reveal uncomplicated tensions among the democratic rules of person autonomy and accountability and the ability of employers to regulate hard work and applicable its items. Stahl continues that spotlight to the hard work and estate concerns that he discloses on the subject of musicians and the song can stimulate insights in regards to the political, fiscal, and imaginitive demanding situations presently dealing with all operating people.
Read or Download Unfree Masters: Popular Music and the Politics of Work (Refiguring American music) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Drawing from the paintings of across the world well known students from the examine community on Gender, Politics and the nation (RNGS), this learn deals in-depth research of the connection among country feminism, women's pursuits and public coverage and locations them inside a comparative theoretical framework.
By way of its concentrate on the African immigrant kinfolk, attractive the Diaspora: Migration and African households carves its personal area of interest at the migration discourse. It brings jointly the reports of African immigrant households as outlined by means of a variety of transnational forces. As an interdisciplinary textual content, enticing makes a convenient reference for students and researchers in associations of upper studying, in addition to for neighborhood carrier companies engaged on variety matters.
Few historians have contributed extra to our figuring out of the background of ladies, and women's impression on heritage, than Alice Kessler-Harris. writer of the vintage Out to paintings, she is among the country's best students of gender, the economic climate, and public coverage. during this quantity, Kessler-Harris pierces the outside of arguments and laws to understand the preconceptions that experience formed the adventure of ladies: a "gendered mind's eye" that has outlined what women and men alike think about as reasonable and fascinating.
This quantity analyses poverty and welfare reform inside a context of low-wage paintings and the contours of the labour marketplace that welfare recipients are getting into. It goals to deliver labour into the dialogue of welfare reform and creates a bridge among the domain names of labour and welfare.
- Hardhats, Hippies, and Hawks: The Vietnam Antiwar Movement as Myth and Memory
- Petroleum Industry Regulation within Stable States (Ashgate Studies in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics)
- Women's Work, Markets and Economic Development in Nineteenth-Century Ontario (Social History of Canada)
- Collective Bargaining and Wage Formation: Performance and Challenges
- SINGAPORE'S NATIONAL WAGES COUNCIL: AN INSIDER'S VIEW
- The Labour Markets of Emerging Economies: Has growth translated into more and better jobs? (Advances in Labour Studies)
Additional info for Unfree Masters: Popular Music and the Politics of Work (Refiguring American music)
- A Working People: A History of African American Workers by Steven A. Reich
- Women and Work in Globalizing Asia: Volume 74 (Routledge by Dong-Sook S. Gills,Nicola Piper