By Lynn Weiner
Originally released in 1985.
A UNC Press Enduring version -- UNC Press Enduring variations use the newest in electronic expertise to make to be had back books from our unique backlist that have been formerly out of print. those versions are released unaltered from the unique, and are provided in cheap paperback codecs, bringing readers either ancient and cultural value.
Read Online or Download From Working Girl to Working Mother: The Female Labor Force in the United States, 1820-1980 PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Drawing from the paintings of across the world well known students from the study community on Gender, Politics and the country (RNGS), this research deals in-depth research of the connection among nation feminism, women's hobbies and public coverage and areas them inside a comparative theoretical framework.
By way of its specialize in the African immigrant kinfolk, enticing the Diaspora: Migration and African households carves its personal area of interest at the migration discourse. It brings jointly the stories of African immigrant households as outlined by means of quite a few transnational forces. As an interdisciplinary textual content, attractive makes a convenient reference for students and researchers in associations of upper studying, in addition to for group provider companies engaged on range matters.
Few historians have contributed extra to our knowing of the heritage of girls, and women's impression on background, than Alice Kessler-Harris. writer of the vintage Out to paintings, she is among the country's major students of gender, the economic system, and public coverage. during this quantity, Kessler-Harris pierces the surface of arguments and laws to know the preconceptions that experience formed the adventure of girls: a "gendered mind's eye" that has outlined what women and men alike contemplate as reasonable and fascinating.
This quantity analyses poverty and welfare reform inside a context of low-wage paintings and the contours of the labour marketplace that welfare recipients are coming into. It goals to carry labour into the dialogue of welfare reform and creates a bridge among the domain names of labour and welfare.
- Wage Inequality in Africa (Global Perspectives on Wealth and Distribution)
- Provincial Solidarities: A History of the New Brunswick Federation of Labour (Working Canadians: Books from the CCLH)
- The Ethnic Penalty: Immigration, Education and the Labour Market (Research in Migration and Ethnic Relations)
- Guest Workers and Resistance to U.S. Corporate Despotism (Working Class in American History)
- The Economics of Overtime Working
- Missing Links in Labour Geography (The Dynamics of Economic Space)
Extra info for From Working Girl to Working Mother: The Female Labor Force in the United States, 1820-1980
- SpyBoy Volume 1: The Deadly Gourmet Affair by Various
- Arrêter de fumer (French Edition) by Constant Winnerman